Thursday, March 13, 2014

LWD Design Team Showcase: Dylusions Mini Couture Stamp Set & Around the Edge Stamp Set

I’ve been on a journal page-making spree again.  They are so much fun to do and really allow me to express myself.  For this page, I used the Dylusions Mini Couture Stamp Set.

First, I glued down some sheet music and pieces of paper out of a book using Gel Medium.  While I was at it, I decided to do both pages since I had already torn up enough paper.

Then, I followed with a light layer of gesso.

Using ink blending tools, I applied a bunch of different colors of Distress Ink.  I wanted this page to be bright, so I chose really vibrant colors, blending well.

I stamped all my images using Archival Ink.  The stamps I used were from the Dylusions Mini Couture and Around the Edge sets.


Now color, color, color.  I used a ton of Distress Ink Markers (most of which I forgot to write down) to fill in the images. 

Next, I stamped in my sentiments from the Dylusions Say What You Mean set and added a few more stamped images from my stash to fill in holes.

The finished page.  Let me say that for me, these pages are a learning experience.  I get to play with all kind of fun stuff along with practicing my layering techniques.  After critiquing my page, I noticed where I needed more background stamping or possibly some stenciling.  It would have helped fill in the “holes” that I see.  I also could have added some tulle or cheesecloth to give the page more texture and keep it from being so flat. 

So, nope, we designers don’t always totally love what we create.  However, we are constantly learning from our mistakes we can get better and better.

You can find the products used here and many more for your crafting projects at 25% off MSRP at Lone Wolf Designs, LLC.  All you have to do is join the Lone Wolf Designs Discount Craft Supplies Facebook group.  If you haven’t joined us yet, you’re paying TOO MUCH for your craft supplies!

Dylusions Mini Couture Stamp Set
Dylusions Around the Edge Stamp Set
Dylusions Say What You Mean Stamp Set
Distress Ink:  Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade, Broken China, Scattered Straw, Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade
Ranger Ink Blending Tool
Distress Markers (some that were used):  Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Fired Brick, Black Soot, Pine Needles, Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Marilyn, for another great Design Team Showcase! Love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dylusions! Can't wait to get my hands on the new releases

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd really like to try some art journaling. I say that every time I see you make a post on it...I love your pages!

    ReplyDelete