Friday, November 7, 2014

Faces

Hello everyone! Today I have a 6×6 canvas for you. The Gauche Alchemy inspiration board for this month is just awesome what with the bright colors, metallic, and geometric shapes, OH MY!

Faces Canvas Bare 
I started with a 6×6 canvas and applied a layer of gesso to prime the surface and keep my paints and mists from soaking through. This is very important if you are going to work with canvas.

Faces Canvas 
Once the gesso was dry, I sprayed on layers of Art Anthology Glorious, Juicy, and Peacock Feathers Colorations and then pulled out my Art Anthology Evergreen Sorbet and Lemon Tart and Tango Velvets and got to painting. Once that was dry, I mixed up a little of Art Anthology Copper Metal Effects with some Studio 490 Translucent Modeling Paste and stenciled through TCW’s Mini Harlequin stencil. I then took some Studio 490 Black Embossing Paste and stenciled through Dylusion’s Small Triangle stencil in a couple of areas. Finally, I painted two faces I made using a push mold and PaperClay and glued them to the canvas using Glossy Accents.

Faces Canvas Side 
To finish off the piece, I stenciled all around the edges with Studio 490 Gold Embossing Paste and TCW’s Mini Hourglass Stencil.

If you are interested in participating in Gauche Alchemy’s November Challenge, just click here to enter:  http://www.gauchealchemy.com/scrapbooking-mixed-media-monthly-challenges-entries/

Until later………………………

LiveWriter Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment