Good morning everyone! This month's challenge over on the Gecko Galz blog is Garden of Dreams. I got to flipping through all my Gecko Galz collage sheets and ran across the perfect image. It was perfect for a fat book page.
I already had a piece of watercolor paper cut to size so I used that, but since the paper is being covered up, a piece of cardstock would have worked just as well.
1) Cover your card with paper from the Gecko Galz Papilion Paper Pack.
2) I used an image from the Gecko Galz Spring Gems collage sheet. Trim.
3) Layer your image on top of two colors of coordinating scrapbook paper and trim to size. Set them at an angle to each other then glue everything together.
4) Take a piece of Fern Garland (Alpha Stamps), emboss with light green embossing powder, and slight it up underneath the bottom of your image.
5) Layer on Mini Roses in Variegated Pink, Yellow, and Pink (Alpha Stamps) at the bottom left edge of your image and at the top left corner.
6) Slide some fern greenery down under your roses and a view vines in between your paper layers.
You are done! I've begun experimenting with layering papers and embellishments in a format similar to what I have seen scrapbookers do (I watch a LOT of videos). I have to say that even though I'm just started giving this a try, I really like the way it looks and you can expect to see more of it from me.
Hope you've enjoyed this. Don't forget to get your entry in to the Gecko Galz challenge. There's a great prize up for grabs!
Gorgeous Natural History Bird Printable!
19 minutes ago