Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Up For A Name Change?

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away………………

EEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!

NO, wait a minute, this isn’t Star Wars!  This is my blog and I needed an update.   A blogland blogger name update that is.

Way back when I first started blogging, I was primarily hooked on dolls of any shape or size, as long as they were teenagers or older.  I’m not fond of baby or toddler dolls.  So, I gave myself the name of The Lone Dollier.  Being one of the very few people left within a 200 mile radius of me that was creating/costuming dolls (not counting reborns-ugh-sorry personal preference type thing I guess), I felt very alone.  Also, I was new to the blogging community and didn’t realize it helps to have uniformity.

Now, I have expanded my horizons and I not only costume miniature dolls, I also go junkin’, collect paper ephemera, love anything vintage, create altered tags, and work with miniatures of all types.  If you’ve noticed, I’ve even added a little tag line under the main name of my blog to reflect my expanding vision.

So, I’m thinking about a name change.  In two other arenas, I go by Tarnished Rose.  That’s my “professional” name if you will.  I’m just kind of melding my Etsy shop name, my Twitter name, and possibly my Facebook page all together with my blogger name.   I am now Tarnished Rose in blogland.  I now have a name that better fits my likes; things that are tarnished, not new, but still have that beauty to it, things like dolls that I make that may not be your typical “pretty” dolls, but have their own beauty, altered tags that are slightly grungy, you get my drift.

For now, I’ll keep the name of my blog the same.  Dolls, Etc., covers a LOT of ground and I do hope to get back to focusing more on dolls.  Now that I have a NEW AIR CONDITIONER in my studio!!! YIPPEEE! 

LG 8,000-BTU Window Air Conditioner

Now my studio is nice and cool once more!

 

 

 

Until Later……………………………

Smiles~

8 comments:

  1. I like Dolls Etc. but I liked the Lone Dollier also! Tarnished Rose is a lovely name:) I've thought about changing my blog name because I thought it up really quickly when I was making my blog. I'd love something with the name "lavender" or "cherubs" in it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Victoria. I was trying for something less sad-sounding. The Lone Dollier (even though I'm still that!) just sounded, well, lonely. My mom says I overthink these things, my hubby says he doesn't even know what a blog is, so I'm letting my followers decide. If a bunch like The Lone Dollier, I'll go back to that name!

    Now let's see.....lavender and cherubs. HMMMMMMMM

    Smiles~
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn I think the tarnished rose sounds lovely....!! I admit to having the same problem....I LOVE my blog name which is also my ebay name but I have another name I'd like to use....hmmmmmmm....Now you've got me thinkin'.....AGAIN....hahahahahaha....!

    Cheers lovey,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, whatever you choose, I'll be following and keeping in touch! xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new name! It is very pretty and seems to suit you well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the name change. It gets mighty confusing to this (getting older each day) gal to match people up with they have different names for different media sites. Me, I AM THE PURPLE LADY and always will be.... but I do admit to being the SunBaby way back when the internet first began. I think over time we all change Marilyn. Our likes and desires change as well as we change. I cast my vote for the Tarnished Rose... it fits you to a T!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are right about "melding" them all together. It makes it easier for people identify you. Congrats on the new air conditioner!

    ReplyDelete