Friday, May 23, 2014

LWD Team Showcase: Creating with Tim Holtz Distress Paints and Layering Stencils

Good morning!  I wanted to play around with some of my Tim Holtz Distress Paints and new Layering Stencils, so grabbed a small 4x6 wonky journal that I have for such experiments.  In this case, I wanted to create a background recipe for a future page.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         I opened my journal up to a blank paged and grabbed the new Doily Layering Stencil.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         And stenciled it in a few areas using tanslucent embossing paste from Studio 490.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         I then went over the stenciled design with Tea Dye Distress Ink and a Mini Ink Blending Tool.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         I then smeared Bundled Sage Distress Ink over the white spaces and sprayed with water.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Then, I used the Hearts & Latticework Layering Stencils with Weathered Wood, Victorian Velvet, and Scattered Straw Distress Paints to add some additional stenciling.  I also went in with the Victorian Velvet and covered up some of the previously applied Bundled Sage.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         I then went over the Doily stenciled area with Victorian Velvet Distress Paint to bring out the design.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Next I added some additional stenciling with the Schoolhouse Layering Stencil and outlined the edges of the page with Tattered Rose Distress Marker.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         To finish, I gave the entire page a spritz of Perfect Pearls mist in Pearl.  Now, I have a great background that I can easily recreate in my Dylusions Journal, all because I took the time to play.

You can find the products used here and many more for your crafting projects at 25% off MSRP at Lone Wolf Designs, LLC.  All you have to do is join the Lone Wolf Designs Discount Craft Supplies Facebook group.  If you haven’t joined us yet, you’re paying TOO MUCH for your craft supplies!

Supplies Used Available from Lone Wolf Designs LLC:
Tim Holtz Distress Paint:  Broken China, Victorian Velvet, Bundled Sage
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil:  Doily, Hearts, Latticwork, Schoolhouse
Tim Holtz Distress Marker:  Tattered Rose
Ranger Mister Bottle
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist:  Pearl

Until later……………………..
LiveWriter Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment