Sunday, June 8, 2014

Art is Life–A Project for Basically Bare, featuring Art Anthology and May Arts Ribbon

Good morning everyone!  Just this past week, Basically Bare, Art Anthology, and May Arts held a three-way blog swap.  I decided to cover my 6x6 Artful Binder as my project.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

First, I gave the entire binder a good coat of gesso.  Then I painted on Art Anthology Velvets in Kona, Basil, and Terracotta.  Next, I grabbed some Tiger Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Olive Crushed Wire Ribbon, and Antique Gold/Brown Satin Center Ruffle Ribbon and laid them out on the cover, and hand-pleating the Olive Ribbon (the wire running through the top and bottom of the ribbon makes this a snap).  While the glue was drying, I cut out "ART is life" from a piece of cardstock using my Brother Scan and Cut and painted it with Art Anthology Black Leather Jacket Sorbet.  I outlined it with a Uniball White Pen and glued it to my cover.  Some Prima Flowers finish it off.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

For the inside, I gesso'd the binder then painted on a couple of coats of Art Anthology Kona Velvet.  Once this dried, I stenciled on leaves using Basil Velvet.  It took a couple of applications of the stencil and paint to cover the entire inside.  Then, I ran Tiger Striped Grosgrain Ribbon along the top and bottom of both sides.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And for the back, I painted on Art Anthology Velvet in Kona, Basil, and Terracotta, blending each color into the others, and left it plain.  The backs of albums seem to get the most wear and tear so I leave them unembellished.

In case you would like to know what supplies I used, here is a list:

Basically Bare:  6x6 Artful Binder
Art Anthology Velvets:  Kona, Basil, Terracotta
Art Anthology Sorbet:  Black Leather Jacket
May Arts Ribbon:  Tiger Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Olive Crushed Wire Ribbon, & Antique Gold/Brown Satin Center Ruffle Ribbon
TCW 6x6 Stencil:  Mini Dancing Leaves
Gesso
Uniball White Pen
Prima Flowers

Until Later……………

LiveWrite Signature Line

No comments:

Post a Comment