Friday, April 1, 2016

April New Releases - Technique Junkies Blog Hop


Good Morning Junkies!!  Hope your April is starting off great.  Is it finally warming up where you are?  Here in south Louisiana, things have been pleasantly warm for the past couple of weeks.  Now for all the April showers to start!  Since April is shaping up to be a great month, the Technique Junkies team is hosting a blog hop to share all the new exciting April Releases with you.  So join us today as we hop into April and showcase all the new stamps  Don't forget to to visit each team members blog in order not to miss any of the fun.  If you  haven’t started at the beginning, please visit the Technique Junkie Designer Blog (http://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com) so you are sure to catch it all!

You've just seen Karen's project and I think you have to agree her work is phenomenal!!  The things she can create always amaze and astound me.

Here is the hop participants in order:

In honor of the great outdoors-related stamps I received, I created a trio of ATCs.  Hope you enjoy them!



I LOVE this stamp!  Every time I look at this, I'm reminded of how much my husband and son love to fish.  I started by spraying the background with Art Anthology Juicy and Wild Orchid Colorations, blotting and drying until they were blended.  I then stamped Arm in Cast Stamp with Versamark black ink, added a trout embellishment, and then outlined the ATC with some swirly cirlce rubons.


This was super simple. I sprayed the ATC with Art Anthology Patience and Salmon Colorations and allowed them to run slightly.  I then stamped Crabby, Set of 3 Stamp Set and the Sentiment "Let's get crackin" that comes with the set in black Versamark ink.  I finished by adding "X"s, courtesy of a rubon, around the edges.


My last ATC required some finagling.  I sprayed the ATC with Art Anthology Juicy Colorations and dried.  I then laid my ATC in my Misti and eyeballed the placement of the Swans Stamp.  I inked up the stamped and with a baby wipe, removed all the ink except on the part of the stamp I wanted on my ATC.  I then stamped multiple times until I had a nice, very black image.  Next I stamped "SOAR" using the Almano Stamp Set.  Finally, I added dashes and dots using a rubon.

This along with the other two ATCs are part of a swap I participated in and they will be winging their way to their new homes soon.

Love the new April Releases?  Well, they are currently on sale for 15% off through April 8th!   Go to http://techniquejunkies.com/ click on April 2016 Releases.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts in my comments section.  I truly love hearing what you have to say!  You are now ready for the next stop on our April Releases Hop --- Kathy Stacy!  Why don't you drop by her blog and see what she has in store for you!

Until later,



Marilyn

3 comments:

  1. Great ATC's Marilyn Love the fishing one - such a great image. Always a pleasure to hop with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful ATC's. Nothing nicer than swapping with a partner. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome ATC's, Marilyn. Had to chuckle at your finagling. I would not have had the patience. I would have just stamped on a larger sheet and then cut out my atc from it. But, I live my art life without a Misti, so my mileage will vary, lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete