Saturday, August 20, 2016

Creations to share using Gecko Galz & free digi stamp


 Hi everyone!  As I am typing, we are preparing for a possible evacuation.  I live in southeast Louisiana and this area has been hard hit by rain. 

Sooooooo, here a few projects I would like to share with you today:
This was created with the Sew & Sew collage sheet.  I stenciled the background using modeling paste and a circle stencil.  I then sprayed it with Lindy's sprays and dried.  I cut out my images, edged them with Distress Walnut Stain ink and then added them to the tag.  I took a wooden spool die cut, sprayed it with Lindy's and then wrapped some thread around it and pushed a needle through it.   To finish it off, I added some roses in coordinating colors.

For this canvas panel, I used an image from the Sea Side Snapshots collage sheet.  I sprayed the 7x9 panel with some Art Anthology mists and then randomly stenciled circles using Lindy's Magicals and modeling paste.  I built up a mat for my image and added it to the canvas.  I used Soft Matte Gel to add Prills randomly over the page then sprinkled on some different colors of glitter.

I this journal page, I used images from the Japanese Traditions collage sheet.  I started by stenciling on some cherry blossoms using a TCW stencil and modeling paste.  I then sprayed it with several colors of Lindy's and dried.  I painted the blossoms I had stenciled with Paper Artsy paint.  I added some oriental lettering using a stamp and magenta ink and then glued down my images.  I edged them with watered down Paper Artsy paint then added a few jewels.

 For this ATC (which was really fun to create) I used an image from the Art Nouveau Slides collage sheet.  I then pulled several prints in random colors using my Gel Press.  Before adding anything, I added color to the ATC using Lindy's Magicals.  I knew there would be gaps and didn't want any white showing through.  I then added my image.  Next, I cut the pulled prints into strips with varying widths and laid them down on my ATC.  I then added the word "art".

This journal page was created using this month's free stamp from me.  I wanted a bright, happy page to help take my mind off the flooding so that's what I went for.  I cut out the image and painted it with Art Anthology Sorbets and Lindy's mists.  I sprayed the background with a couple of colors of Lindy's then stenciled with a Prima stencil and transluscent paste I colored with Nuance powder.  I randomly stamped some script words with a light color of ink (hard to see), then added my images.  Not my best page, but every time I look at it I smile so mission accomplished.

 Now, here is your free digi stamp:

Have a great day and until later...................





Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment