Monday, April 7, 2014

Altered Board Book Turned Color Journal for Gauche Alchemy

Hello everyone! Today I want to share a project I did for Gauche Alchemy a few weeks back.  It’s another spread for my Color Book. It’s been a while since I did one and I thought it was time. For this go ’round, I decided to use purple. So, I grabbed my Purple People Eater Mixed Color Kit and started gluing.

purple color art journal

Just as a reminder, this book started life as a Sesame Street children’s board book. For this spread, I glued down vintage magazine paper from the Scrap Yo’ Stash & Nekkid kits to cover the very bright pictures. I followed this up with a thin coat of gesso.

altered board book

Next came the background. I stenciled and stamped with purple ink (in keeping with the purple theme), then cut up some different colors and sizes of punchinella and laid them out randomly on the page. I also glued down a couple of pieces of mesh from the color kit. TIP: Spray glue works wonderful with “holey” things like punchinella and mesh.

altered book art journal

Then I just started laying down all the bits and pieces. I always get everything where I want it to be before gluing.

altered board book art journal

Playing cards, money, buttons, swizzle sticks; all kinds of goodies and all in shades of glorious purple.

As you all know, I love the Gauche Alchemy kits, not only because I design for them, but because they are just so much fun to use.

Until later…………..
LiveWriter Signature

1 comment: