Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Caged Bird Sings – Basically Bare

Good morning everyone.  For my newest Basically Bare project, I decided to play around with a chunk of wood and created this chunky ATC.  I love the fact that it's three-dimensional and allows for multiple surfaces to be creative on.

I first gesso'd the entire block of wood to provide a smoother surface to work with along with hiding some of the wood grain (this started life as a 2x4).  I then sprayed it all over with Art Anthology Colorations in Timeless, Studio Blue, and Honey Bee.  Next I stamped with a JustRite Filigree Leaves stamp then stenciled vines over it using Studio 490 Embossing Paste that I tinted with inks.

The cage is a Sizzix die cut I colored with a gold metallic marker.  The bird is from our Stack-a-bellies Bird set, painted with Art Anthologies Desire Velvet.

For this side, I used a Happy Little Tree.  I chose a cardboard bottom I pained with Kona Velvet and a felt top painted with Evergreen Sorbet.  The birdhouse and bird are from an old Crafty Secrets clear stamp set called Birds at Home.

For this side, I cut a branch from Paper Binderie using a Sizzix die and then painted it with Cinnamon Twist Colorations.  The metal key is from my stash.

Another branch cut from Paper Binderie graces this side, along with a couple of metal bits I found in my stash.  As you can see, I embossed vines on all sides of this block.

My chunky ATC is now winging its way to its new owner.  I'm ready to start another one!

Thank you for joining me today!
Marilyn

Supplies Used:
Basically Bare:  Stack-a-bellies Birds, Happy Little Trees, Paper Binderie
Art Anthology Colorations:  Timeless, Studio Blue, Honey Bee, Cinnamon Twist
Art Anthology Paints:  Desire & Kona Velvet, Evergreen Sorbet
JustRite Filigree Leaves Stamp
Studio 490 Translucent Embossing Paste
Rainbow Inks: Metallic Green & Metallic Bronze
Dylusions 5x8 Leaf Flourish Stencil
Sizzix Bigz Die:  Caged Bird
Sizzix Movers & Shapers Die:  Mini Branch & Leaf Set
Crafty Secrets Birds at Home Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment