Saturday, May 12, 2012

Altered Fan Blades

What fun this was!  Alpha Stamps is holding a fan blade swap and I decided to participate.  Altering chipboard fan blades is a little out of my comfort zone, but I’m been trying to stretch my artistic wings lately and try new mediums.  So, this was the perfect time.

What was needed:  Five fan blades and collage sheets from Alpha Stamps (required) and then any embellishments you wanted to use.  Since I didn’t have the fan blades nor the correct collage sheets, I went online, placed my order, sat back, and waited for it to arrive.

Once it arrived, I got started.  Since I met the requirements of using Alpha Stamps Fan Blades and their Perfume Collage Sheets, I was free to use anything else I wanted.  Out came the Gauche Alchemy products.  Here, I used their Paper Napkin Art Kit as the background for two of my blades.

Fan Blade Backgrounds

Then, on these, I used parts of the Banana Hammock Yellow Mixed Media Kit, Lace Ribbon Variety Pack, and the Scarlet Red Mixed Media Kit.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA              OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

These other two were made using products I either happened to have on hand or had ordered from Alpha Stamps. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA              OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

You’ll notice the blades are not finished at the very bottom. This is so that after they are swapped and everyone has their five new blades, they can be combined to make one fan and the bottom will need to move smoothly. 

Here they are all together:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After these photos were taken, I went back and used Stickles on all of them.  MUCHO improvement!  Covered those raw fan blade edges like a dream.

Got to run!  Until later…………………………….

LiveWrite Signature Line

5 comments:

  1. I love these! Would have never thought of doing anything like this! I'm going to be learning so muh from you! So glad to be a teamie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely work ... let me know if you make any tags for Tag Tuesday and I'll post them to the blog for you

    Best wishes, Carolyn
    TAG TUESDAY
    http://tagtuesday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Napkins make such FAB backgrounds--gorgeous! And that black and white one looks a lot like your blog background--coincidence?!

    ReplyDelete