Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sherlock Holmes–Inchie Style

I did it.  I actually created Inchies using Sherlock Holmes as the theme.  This was REALLY a hard one.  WHEW!

So who is to blame for such a hair-brained theme?  MOI!  Yep, I’m the one whose bright idea it was to choose old Sherlock as a theme.  So of course, I had a world of trouble coming up with ideas and actually finished them right before the deadline.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It was definitely time to raid the old mini stash.  Thank goodness my other hobby is 12-scale miniatures (even if I haven’t done any in a while).  This fellow looked right smart with this Inchie.  I used embossed aluminum tape for the background.  I have fallen in LOVE with aluminum tape!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is my favorite.  I used embossed craft metal in copper for the background and stick-on jewels (which I glued on) for the blood.  Again, I went to my mini stash for the dagger.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Minis to the rescue again! WOO HOO. I decided to add some Dresden scrap to the edge to make this one look like a book.  Of course, the “shell casings” are just a little out of scale.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

These aren’t my favorites, but again, I had to get very creative.  There is actually one more, but for some reason I didn’t save it to my hard drive.  Thought I had, but it’s disappeared and I just deleted the photos from my camera.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           Here’s all six of them.  They have been mailed and will soon find their way to their new home.  I hope whoever receives them likes them.  To me, they seemed kind of gruesome, but hey, Sherlock Holmes wasn’t all butterflies and sunshine!

Until later…………………………………….

LiveWrite Signature Line

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visit and nice comments on my blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I absolutely love them. I love Sherlock stories too, they are amazing to read and these little arty beauties are fabulous
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete