Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wild West Tag Book Swap

I recently hosted a Tag Book Swap over on the Altered Pages-Artsociates blog.  Our theme, in honor of Arizona’s 100-year anniversary as a state, was the Wild West.

Given that broad spectrum of possibility, here is what I came up with:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         For this tag, I used Gold Punchinella, and parts of the Brown Mixed Media Color Kit from Gauche Alchemy, along with a  few other items already in my stash.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           This tag was almost entirely made using the Orange Mixed Media Color Kit from Gauche Alchemy.  The saddle charm was already in my stash as was the Wild West sticker at the bottom.  Yes, that is fabric as the background.  When I saw it, I thought INDIAN BLANKET which immediately let to WOO HOO, great for this tag!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           This tag used lace from Gauche’s Lace Ribbon Variety Pack and a few elements from their Green Mixed Media Color Kit.  I slightly distressed the roses uses Tim Holtz’s Walnut Distress Ink.  The “Wanted” poster can from a package of scrapbook stickers.

These next two were ones made from items I had in my stash.   The cloth background for the one on the left is actually an upholstery fabric sample.  I have several “books” of these samples hanging from hooks in my studio.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Once again, I used fabric (in this case, upholstery fabric) for the backing on my “Attitude” tag.  The roses, button, and trim are all vintage from my stash.  The star and filigree are new that I purchased on a trip to Gary’s Arts & Crafts in Metairie (great place!).  For all of the tags, I used Tattered Angels mist as a starting point. 

Here they are all together:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

ONE thing to note:  If you double your tags like I do for sturdiness & are using mists (like Tattered Angels), do all your spraying BEFORE gluing the tags together.  I had to reglue a few of them since the mist is wet and it made the tags separate.  Yeah, I know, it was a “DUH” moment.

Until later………………………

LiveWrite Signature Line

2 comments:

  1. I have a few upholstery samples but I have about a dozen discontinued wallpaper sample books that I use the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This. is. FABULOUS!! I LOVE how SAUCY those gals look! Great tags- I'm sure they made their respective new owners very very happy!! They are so beautiful when grouped together- I love how you used the materials- I have the upholstery patched from my GA kits in a special bag and every once in a while I take them out and go- huh? How the heck do I use this? Not because they aren't awesome but because I don't want to mess them up learning to use them- thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete