Monday, June 20, 2016

Chose to Fly....Projects for Gecko Galz plus a free digit stamp

Good morning!  I'm back with you today to share a few things I created for Gecko Galz using their wonderful digital collage sheets.


First up, a rolodex card I created for a swap on the Paper Traders Yahoo group.


I started by sprinkling some LSG Magicals onto my rolodex card then spritzing with water.  I trimmed the images from the Blue Bird of Happiness collage sheet, layered everything, and then glued it down.  Easy peasy.

I went a little shabby chic on this canvas.  If you know me, then you know I can't do shabby chic well, but this little canvas practically created itself.


I started by spraying a small canvas panel with LSG Sandra Dee Sepia and Cotton Candy Pink.  I them stenciled with some translucent embossing paste and the Plastic Canvas stencil by Dina Wakley.  Once that was all dry, I randomly stamped across the background with a Prima script stamp.  I next cut strips of paper from the Ever After Paper Pack to form a mat under my image which comes from the Gilded Lillies collage sheet.

I die cut some chipboard using the Sizzix Lace Die, embossed it with LSG Angel Wings Mauve and Hibiscus Rose Orange.  I layered this under a wooden filmstrip pieces and tucked it under the edge of the image.  I then die cut several more odds and ends and tucked them around my image to build the layers.

For the final touches, I die cut a floral piece, smeared glue on it, and sprinkled it with Pink Art Sugar.  I added a few Prima flowers and then dotted here and there with Mauve mica flakes around using soft gel medium.  I apologize for the lack of the specific items I used....I can't find my other page of notes.

For my last piece, I used this month's free digit stamp & a page out of my 8-1/2x11 journal.


I started by painting the digital stamp with Silks using Love Struck, Autumn Leaf, Chestnut Brown, Black Emerald, and Yellow Rose.

Gesso the page.  Spray with LSG Greased Lightening Green and Bells of Ireland Green.  Stencil on the background using LSG Queen of Hearts Red Magicals mixed with Liquitex modeling paste and TCW's 12x12 Sketch Grid stencil.  Follow this up by stenciling with Dylusions Cut Grass paint and TCW's 12x12 Morning Vines stencil.  Outline some of the vines with a white pen.

Randomly stamp across the page using the floral image from Hero Arts Friend Collage set.  Next, stencil To Choose, To Seek, and To Hear using a StencilGirl stencil and black embossing paste.

Splatter on a watered down mixture of white acrylic paint followed by black ink.  Cut some chevrons from a piece of chipboard, emboss them with Fired Brick and Black Soot Distress EP and add them to your page.

Now, finally, your free digi stamp:

Thank you for stopping by!  Don't forget to check out Gecko Galz's wonderful collage sheets, available on Etsy.

Until later..................

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful projects this month Marilyn! And thank you for the cool stamp!

    ReplyDelete