Good morning everyone. Skelli-Fest over at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity continues with Day 9, my day! Don't forget to get your link added for a chance to win a $20 gift certificate to Lost Coast Designs or Carmen's Veranda!
1) Stamp Bird Bones & Spirit onto a piece of cardstock and cut out.
2) Color the bones with White Dylusions and the darker areas with Gray Nuance powder mixed with water. Color the branch with LSG Sandra Dee Sepia.
3) Stencil the background by mixing Red Nuance powder with modeling paste and Colorbox's Wave stencil.
4) Randomly stamp just the text part of Dream over the tag.
5) Mix Bright Yellow Nuance with some water & Gray Nuance in water. Keep separated. Randomly paint parts of the white area with both the yellow and gray Nuance. Once dry, use a water brush to blend them together as well as pull some of the color out of the stenciled areas.
6) Take a small piece of the colored modeling paste and use it for an eye. Cover with Glossy Accents.
7) Pop up the bird with foam squares and place slightly below the midpoint. Glue down the Spirit image at the top.
8) Outline Spirit with a black watercolor pencil and then smudge it with a waterbrush.
9) Use soft gel medium to scatter black glass glitter across the tag.
10) Outline the tag using some of the Gray Nuance powder mixed with water.
I love the way the bird seems to hover over the background. This is a great tag to create, though it will take a bit to get it all done. Hope you enjoyed!
I'm entering this in Dark 'n' Daring Challenges & Dream In Darkness
Gardening and Tameing Tessie...
9 hours ago