Good morning everyone! We are on Day 3 of Lost Coast Designs New Stamp Release Showcase over on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity! Today I wanted to share with you a journal page I created using several of the new zentangle stamp releases.
1) Gesso your journal page. I'm working in an 8x10 watercolor journal.
2) Stamp Zentangle Cat onto to piece of mixed media paper and cut out. Color with a variety of makers. Outline the square with some foil tape.
3) Using the cat as your guide, mark the placement of your feathers. I stamped Zentangle Feathers 2 & 4 in a circle around what would be the center of my cat.
4) Mist page with water and spray on your choice of mists at the very top. I used Raider by Art Anthology and Cheshire Cat Cherry by Lindy's Stamp Gang. Let the colors run down the page, assisting with a wet paintbrush if needed.
5) Stencil on some chevrons using crackle paste, then sprinkle Bright Yellow Nuance powder over the stenciled area and mist with water.
6) Randomly stamp Aggregrate background and Dream from Dictionary Words over background.
7) Build up the matting for the cat, then splatter everything with several colors of mists, ranging from blue, to pink, to red, to black.
8) Using the Sizzix Crosshatch Frameworks die, cut out several pieces from chipboard. Emboss with black EP and LSG Midnight Teal and Hollyhock Scarlett Plum EP.
9) Punch out and emboss mice with black EP. Scatter around the cat.
10) Add flair and stickers.
I got this idea from watching a bunch of scrapbooking videos. I'm still refining it for use with stamping, but I really like the result. It's definitely not a another card!
Hope you enjoyed today's project and stay tuned for another day of the New Stamp Release Showcase!
Old Window Makeover – Reader Feature
3 hours ago