Good morning everyone! It's Day 1 of the New Stamp Release Showcase for Lost Coast Designs going on over on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity and I've got several projects to share with you over the next few days. Since today's focus on the Portal is Whimsical Birds, that's what I'll share along with step by step instructions.
1) Using a #8 tag, stamp Bubbles background in black ink. Sprinkle with Nuance powder and spritz.
2) Using orange and yellow markers, fill in some of the circles then dry brush Gesso over the entire tag. Just a little; you only want to tone down the colors, not cover them up.
3) Stamp Mini Whimsical Birds 1 & 2 with black permanent ink. Color with your choice of Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.
4) Using Sizzix Mixed Media 3 die, cut several bricks from chipboard. Paint with Paper Artsy Cherry Red and emboss with Fired Brick Distress EP. With a baby wipe, brush a little black paint over the bricks, then again using a baby wipe, add a little PA Cherry Red around the edges.
5) Water down some red and black paint and flick across the tag. Do the same with some Gesso.
6) Glue down the bricks and add the birds on top.
7) Water down some gray Nuance powder and add shadows around the birds and bricks, blending well. Also go around the edges of the tag.
8) Cut out alphas and numbers and paint with gray Nuance powder mixed with a little water.
9) Cut a piece of red ribbon and roll it a mix of gray Nuance powder and water.
That's it! Yep, this isn't a 15 minute tag, but it's worth all the work. Hope you enjoy the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity's New Stamp Release Showcase. Stay turned for more creativity!
Nana’s Christmas Scrapbook Junk Journal – Luna Rozu
20 hours ago