Good Morning Junkies!! Hope your July is off to a good start. Here in south Louisiana, the days are very hot and I keep thinking of water and how great it would be like to stay at the lake or hit the beach. Since July is shaping up to be a great month, the Technique Junkies team is hosting a blog hop to share all the exciting new July Releases with you. So join us today as we hop into July and showcase all the new stamps Don't forget to to visit each team members blog in order not to miss any of the fun. If you haven’t started at the beginning, please visit the Technique Junkie Designer Blog (http://techniquejunkies.
blogspot.com) so you are sure to catch it all!
You've just seen Robin's project. Her work is always wonderful and exciting to see.
Design Team Blog: http://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com/
Pam DeChellis: http://journeyawakensthesoul.blogspot.com/
Judy Jackson: http://judysstampart.blogspot.com/
Tonya Davidson: http://stampintonya.blogspot.com/
Pat Huntoon: http://patstamps.blogspot.com/
Robin Redd: http://robinredd.typepad.com/
Marilyn Hughes: http://dollsetc.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE
Well, let's get started! First up is a journal page I created with the new Oceanside stamp.
1. Stamp Oceanside with Metallic Ink Dots. You'll get a light impression. Then, using a small brush, brush and pounce on color until you have a washed-out, watercolor effect. Add some medium blue chalk with a brush to simulate water, taking care to make some areas darker.
2. Mix a tiny drop of black ink with modeling paste and spread through Art Anthologies Bird stencil. When that is dry, go over the birds with a white pen and a black marker until you like the way they look. Refer to pictures of seagulls if you can't remember their markings. Slightly smudge so they blend in with the overall soft look of the stamped image.
3. Spray a little Art Anthology Glorious and Juicy Colorations on your craft mat and spritz with water. Brush on your page, alternating colors until your sky resembles sunset conditions.
4. Stamp Life is Better at the Beach from the Better at the Lake set.
1. Stamp Something Will Grow in black ink. Use the Misti to get a good, rich black image.
2. Drop Art Anthology Radiance, Allure, and Panche Minx onto the tag and using a straw, blow on them. You want to do this a drop at a time and blow until you have lines going everywhere.
3. Using a white pen, dot the tips of the dandelion and then start circling inward. Finish off with matching fiber.
1. Stamp Mermaid Love with several different colors of ink (I like pigment inks). You want your image to be light.
2. Stamp Lake Rules from Better at the Lake set over Mermaid Love in black ink.
3. Brush Art Anthology Glorious over the top of the tag, then pounce on Marlin Colorations that has been diluted with water.
4. Paint a few chipboard clouds white and scatter then across your tag. Finish with fiber.
1. Stamp the cats from Strange Cats onto an ATC. I used my Misti to get a very dark impression. Emboss with black EP.
2. Stencil TCW Mini Harlequins using silver embossing paste on the left side and bottom.
3. Sprinkle on pink pigment powder and spritz with water.
4. Stamp randomly across the card with French Text and red ink.
5. Add rubons under the cats to ground them so they aren't just floating in space.
6. Stamp the phrase from Strange Cats onto a piece of paper, run through a Xyron, and cut into equal sections. Add to card.
7. Finish by rubbing Walnut Stain DI around the edges.
Love the new July Releases? Well, they are currently on sale for 15% off through July 8th! Go to http://techniquejunkies.com/ click on July 2016 Releases.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts in my comments section. I truly love hearing what you have to say! You are at the final stop on our July Releases Hop --- If you want to see the entire hop, please head over to the Technique Junkies blog to get started.