Sweetheart for Gecko Galz February Customer Challenge
Good morning everyone. It's time again for the Gecko Galz's Customer Challenge. This month's challenge is Vintage Valentine. I decided to create a Valentine's Tag (tags are great for using as bookmarks).
1) I started with a #8 tag and swirled on color with a sponge dauber and SU Cherry Cobbler ink, going lighter as I got toward the middle.
2) Next I added stenciled hearts using the TH Hearts stencil and modeling paste I colored with some Nuance Powder in Scarlet.
3) I then cut out an image from Lovely Little Valentines and centered it on the sides and down a little from exact center vertically. Remember the rule of thirds.
4) Next I added red and white baker's twine around the image. I'm not fond of raw edges.
5) Then I took three red mulberry flowers and grouped them on the bottom right corner, brushing some glitter across the top (I use Finnabair's Soft Matte Gel for this). I then added red enamel dots in different sizes radiating up and out from the flower.
6) Finally, I added some rubons, a Sweetheart 3D sticker and some fiber.
Hope you enjoyed my tag. For more great Gecko Galz images, check out the shop on Etsy. And don't forget to get your entry in on the Gecko Galz blog for your chance to win a $25 Gecko Galz shopping spree.