Monday, February 1, 2010

Update

Well, surgery is scheduled.  Next Monday morning, my neuro-surgeon will go in from the right-front of my neck and remove two degenerating discs, replacing them with screws, rods, and bone grafts.  He'll send me home the next day and full recovery takes about 6 weeks.  After about three weeks, I can return to work if I feel like it.  Once I've recovered from that surgery, then he and I will discuss my back.  I have one bad disc there that will probably require surgery.

The reason my neck is being operated on first is that it's the easiest to recover from.  Apparenlty the back is  harder to perform surgery on and requires a longer recovery time. 

Well, that's it for tonight.  I'm headed to bed.  It's been a nerve-wracking day to say the least. 

Oh, don't forget the One World One Heart event that's going on.  I still haven't found the item that was to be my giveaway, but I will look again tomorrow night - I won't be able to participate if I can't find it.  In the meantime, the last time I checked, there were over 900 participants, each having at least one giveaway.  So, go forth and meet lots of intersting people and sign up for some awesome giveaways.

Until later.................
Smiles~

4 comments:

  1. Everything will be fine next Monday.
    Take care and a lot of hugs, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! I will keep you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thinking lots of positive thoughts for you on Monday- do every little thing the doctors tell you to do and do not rush things- we want you to have a strong and properly healed back and neck with no more pain. A huge huge hug for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother-in-law has had several major surgeries on her back, having rods and pins put in place and then years later having them removed. It does take a while to get back on your feet, so to speak, but you can do it. You may want to think about how you will be sleeping afterward ahead of time. Talk to your doctor about how you can lay etc and get prepared with special pillows that won't touch your neck much or that place it in the right position, if you haven't already. You won't feel much like doing that afterward. You will be ok. Thoughts and prayers for you. Have a happy week, and don't worry.

    ReplyDelete