Friday, May 7, 2010

Estate Sale-ing or as I Call It - Junkin’

So last weekend, I got out of the house & headed to some local estate sales.  Normally, there are not that many around the greater Baton Rouge area, but there were two on one weekend.  YIPPEEE!  And hubby said to go (I was really in a lot of pain), I would probably feel better.  So, Sunday (50% off day!) afternoon, after dropping my son off at his girlfriend’s house to work on a Civics project, I headed off to BR.

This post is concerning my First Stop, a sale by a group I had never heard of.  Looky what I found!

Brooch Full Size   Colorful BroochCharm Bracelet 1  A cute charm bracelet

AWESOME Jasper & Sterling Silver Vintage Cufflinks

IMG_0641

(but missed the antique dollhouse furniture by just minutes – rats!)

Sacred Heart 2 Sacred Heart piecesIMG_0652 Cool banglesIMG_0659 OLD books & a Hem measurerIMG_0663 IMG_0667 

IMG_067460’s Vintage Silk Scarves

IMG_0684 Vintage Pillowcase

IMG_0686 Vintage Handkerchiefs

IMG_0689 Old Grater

IMG_0703 English Wallet

IMG_0740Opalescent Cup & Saucer

IMG_0741 50’s Glass Bead Necklace

IMG_0751 Funky Bird

Yes, these are all destined for Etsy!  I did get my brother his Christmas there (shhh – don’t tell) so I won’t post that.  He checks out my blog on occasion.

I had a great time.  Then I went to another sale, one that I had attended that Friday, but that was just down the road & it WAS 50% off day.  Wait until you see what I found!  Oh, I love it!  I’ll also have to take pictures of what I decided to keep, which wasn’t much since my house is beginning to look like a storeroom, but there were a couple of things I bought for ME. 

Have a great weekend and until later…………….

Smiles~

5 comments:

  1. You did really good on this 'junking' ...

    Have a beautiful Mother's Day weekend.
    TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finds! One's person trash is another one's treasure!!!

    Thanks for stopping by for a visit and entering my Cottage Charm giveaway.
    Hugs N Herbal Blessings, Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! you scored on the sales! Thanks for visiting By the Hill and entering the giveaway. Good luck!
    I was looking at your blog and your etsy shops! How do you ever find the time? Good luck in all your ventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! Such a fun way to spend a day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds :-)

    Thank you so very, very much for the donation and for mentioning it on facebook. If you put it on your blog you will get another entry...just leave me a comment if you do so you get another number.

    The more people we can reach, the more money we can raise. We are doing really well so far but more is always welcome :-)

    I am so touched by the generosity of people helping me get the word out.

    Thank you again, it is very much appreciated.

    Jayne xxx

    ReplyDelete