Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring is Here

Here is my latest project for Basically Bare.  I just LOVE working with their products. 

Oh yes! Spring is here. Chirping birds, sunny days, and still slightly cool nights. My absolutely favorite time of year. So, to celebrate my love affair with Spring, I’ve created a couple of tags. Green trees, birds, flowers, bright colors; all signs of Spring.

I started out with two #8 tags I cut out of a heavy duty file folder (sturdy is better). I then used Crackle Paint, Art Anthology Mists and Sorbets, modeling paste, stencils, stamps, and ink to create my backgrounds and color my Basically Bare Happy Little Trees and Birds.

For my Bluebird Tag, I used a Basically Bare Happy Little Tree in felt and a Basically Bare Bird. The bird was painted with Salty Ocean Distress Paint and then covered with Art Anthology Splashed Sorbet to add sparkle. I painted the tree with Art Anthology Evergreen Sorbet. While those were drying, I applied Antique Linen Crackle Paint to the tag and sped up the drying time with my heat tool (be careful, you will cause the paint to bubble if you get the heat tool too close). I then sealed the crackle finish to prevent flaking. Next, I used a word stamp with black archival ink to stamp a background and a scroll stamp with sepia archival ink to stamp around the edges. Miscellaneous flowers and pins pulled from my stash completed the tag.

After the crackle paint dried, I misted with Art Anthology Glorious Mist to give depth to the background. I love the way the paint cracked for me. I covered some areas in a thicker coat than others in order to vary the crackle.

For my Sunny Flower tag, I once again used my Basically Bare Happy Little Trees on a crackle background, but I also pulled out my stencils and modeling paste and had some fun. The bright yellow flowers (Peeled Paint and Mustard Seed Distress Paint) add the bright cheery touch I was going for. For the grass, I used a couple different colors of Distress Stain, swiped a manila card through it, then cut it with a pair of scissors. Instant grass!

I once again used Art Anthology Glorious Mist to give the crackle background more depth. This time I used a Basically Bare Happy Little Tree in canvas and painted it with Art Anthology Evergreen Sorbet. Yep, think I’ve mentioned that it’s my fave color.

These tags will be winging their way to their new owner soon.

Until later……….
LiveWriter Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment