Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Bright, Colorful, and Geometric

Good morning everyone.  I wanted to share a project I did for Gauche Alchemy.,  I created both a tag and an ATC based on their awesome monthly challenge.
Bright
I started with a white tag and using a stencil, added geometric “rays” very similar to what is on the challenge board and painted them in a variety of bright colors using Art Anthology Velvets.  Next, I stamped an image I love (Faces 2 from Technique Junkies) colored it, cut it out, and adhered it to my tags.  Then I painted various shapes in bright, colorful shades and scattered them all over the tag.  Last but not least, I added a sentiment using Tim Holtz ChitChat stickers and a little blue plaid rose.
Reality
The ATC isn’t quite a bright but it does contain geometric elements present on the challenge board.  I started with a picture from an old Gauche Alchemy collage sheet and added flourishes that I painted in gold.  Next I attached some bling to the center and adhered a piece of glass tile to the top.  Finally, I rubbed a little white paint into a Tim Holtz Word Band to make it easier to read and then I tied it on with some twine.  Yep, very simple and easy to do.
I really had a lot of fun with these projects.  Yes, the painting is a little tedious on the tag, but the finished version packed a visual punch.  
Now, let's see what you can create for their challenge.  Visit http://www.gauchealchemy.com/scrapbooking-mixed-media-monthly-challenges-entries/ to link your entry in April's challenge.
Until later………………..









2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are just little works of art! So much detail and color. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jerri. I realized from seeing you comment that my post didn't go live this morning. It's there now if you want to take a look

    ReplyDelete