Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dining Room De-Clutter

Well, I’m almost there…….got most of my dining room cleaned out.  We’ve actually eaten supper in there several times, even had one of Jarod’s friends over and were able to eat at the table instead of the bar.  I have to admit it’s nice to be able to sit down in a chair and eat instead of on a bar stool.  Our kitchen bar has been the only place to eat for almost two years (or more).

Here are the “AFTER” photos:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA See, we can get to the table!  Look closely & you will see several things still needing to be moved.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Still have a few things to move outside.  There are two huge dictionaries – have no idea what to do with them, and then the red & gray containers house jewelry.  May move the dollhouse to storage also.  That corner is still cluttered with my wicker bag that I take to estate sales (which has sheet protectors & page divider currently housed in it) and two small suitcases with art supplies and stuff that need to be carried to the studio.  I’m going to empty the suitcases and then probably sell them.  The small one though may come in handy if I hold an ATC class at my Art Center.

P1010069 There was a HUGE pile here, lots of it being reproduced Victorian Scrap & 7 Gypsies stock for my Etsy store, The Creative Closet.

P1010070  Still have a roombox to find a place for and the bag is the one I carry to the antique store when I go to restock.  It carries supplies like scissors, pens, paper, hooks, tags, etc.

P1010073  Not sure what to do with the mini mannequins.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         My (almost) de-cluttered table

Almost done.  What you don’t see is that there are quite a few shoe boxes filled with jewelry between the end of the table and the window.  However, there is a place waiting for them in my studio.  I just haven’t had a chance to haul them out there yet.

I spent five days, all day, working on this.  There was almost a truck load of boxes that came out of this dining room alone.  I couldn’t believe so much “stuff” was in there!

Stay tuned!  My studio was in worse shape and I have another two posts that will deal with that.  Let’s just say four truck loads to storage (counting the dining room) and 1-1/2 for Goodwill with two large trashbags full of trash and another one started!

LiveWrite Signature Line

No comments:

Post a Comment