Thursday, April 17, 2014

Happiness Album for Basically Bare

Good morning everyone.  I decided to play around with Basically Bare’s Simply Shapely album.  It has several different surfaces to work with and like all Basically Bare albums, is a joy to work with.

Happiness

I used the Authentique Abroad Collection for this mini album.  I papered the front, stenciled on a fern using embossing paste I colored with Rainbow Ink.  I then scattered some Prima flowers around the fern.  I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink to cover up the white edge.

Page 2-3

I papered both of these pages and then painted a Basically Bare Fleur de Lis (discontinued) with Art Anthology Satin Sheen Gold.  The stickers come from the Abroad Collection.

Page 4-5

The left side of the page was papered and then I added a globe I cut using Sixxiz's Mini Globe die and Paper Binderie.  I used Art Anthology Kona, Faded Jeans and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks, and black acrylic paint to color the globe.  I left the Basically Bare Retro Arrow black and then added word stickers from the Abroad Collection.  The arrow is outlined with a white gel pen.  For the right side, I stenciled some mini art deco leaves using Art Anthology Kona Velvet paint.

Page 6-7

The left side was sprayed using Art Anthology Studio Blue and Sangria Colorations, then randomly stamped with a script stamp I had.  I added stenciling using a mini quatrefoil stencil and Art Anthology Reef Velvet Paint.  The opposite page was papered and I added a Sizzix diecut mini fan cut from Paper Binderie that I painted with black acrylic paint and Pewter Distress Paint.

Page 8-9

More paper and stickers from the Abroad Collection along with some vintage game pieces I had on hand.  I used alcohol inks to color the acrylic page.

Page 10-11

I stenciled the left side (acrylic) with a mini rustic paint stencil and translucent embossing paste I colored with bronze ink.  The right side (canvas) was sprayed with Art Anthology Colorations in Denim, Paprika, and Cinnamon Twist.  I then used a chicken wire stencil and black embossing paste to finish the page.

Page 12-13

For the left side canvas page, I sprayed Art Anthology Patience, Warm, and Plush Colorations then stenciled over that with clear embossing paste and a mini zinnia stencil.  I highlighted the stenciled area with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.  The translucent paste allows the colors of the sprayed canvas to show through, an effect I love.

Back of Happiness

I papered the back, then added a diecute mini jalopy I colored with Art Anthology Desire Velvet.

Mini albums are so much fun.  There is so much you can do with each of the pages, and with such a wide assortment of surfaces to work with (cardboard, acrylic, canvas, chipboard) you can try out or use a lot of techniques.

Supplies Used:
Basically Bare: Simply Shapely mini album, Fleur de Lis (discontinued), Retro Arrows, and Paper Binderie
Art Anthology:  Studio Blue, Sangria, Denim, Paprika, Cinnamon Twist, Patience, Warm, Plush Colorations; Truffle, Kona, Reef and Desire Velvet; Satin Sheen Gold Sorbet
TCW Stencils:  Mini Zinnia, Mini Fern, Mini Rustic Paint, Mini Quatrefoil, Reversed Mini Chicken Wire, Mini Art Deco Leaves
Studio 490:  Black and Transparent Embossing Paste
Distress Ink:  Spiced Marmalade, Faded Jeans, Mowed Lawn
Distress Paint:  Brushed Pewter
Sizzix:  Mini Jalopy, Mini Globe, Mini Fan
Prima Flowers
Authentique Abroad Collection
Alcohol Inks
Miscellaneous Embellishments
Miscellaneous Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment