Sunday, April 1, 2012

Altered Boxes

As some of you know, I host a now-monthly blog swap over on the Altered Pages Artsociates blog.  I want to share with you some of the boxes I received for the swap. 

Please don’t shoot the photographer – I’m about ready to enlist my hubby to take the pictures……he’s a LOT better at it than me.

First, this one is from Tristan Blakeman.  His blog, Enchanted Revelries is one you MUST check out.  He’s an awesome artist.  Wait until you see what’s he’s doing for the Wild West Tag Book swap!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Don’t you just love his take on the “Housewives” theme?  I know I do.

Next is Rosa Munoz’s.  Her use of color is just fabulous.  I’m the lucky swapper who received this box!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

All those peachy tones  & all that lace are just wonderful.

And finally, last but (hopefully) not least, is MY box.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I used Graphic 45 paper and tags from Altered Pages as the basis of my box.  Then, I dug around, found a little vintage peach-colored lace, some miniature food, some mounting pads (thank you Dollar Tree), and VOILA! an Altered Box was born.  Those little sewing doo-hickies (don’t you love my terminology?) on the outside are actually vintage ones I had laying around. 

Yes, thankfully I’m also a miniaturist and therefore had the bread, dough on a sheet, table, and potted plant is my stash.  It’s amazing what you can come up with when you think outside the box (groan) and use items from other areas.  Here, I was able to merge my love of art and my love of miniatures.

Until later…..happy crafting everyone!

LiveWrite Signature Line

No comments:

Post a Comment