Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lab Results, Clueless Doctors, a New Etsy Store, and Who Knows What Else

Since I feel decent today, thought I'd right a short bit on some things. 

First, if you EVER have blood work done, make sure you get a copy.  I found out I have extremely low blood sodium which was contributing to my p-off attitude and migraines as well as my general feeling of miserableness AND that I'm slightly anemic.  Did the doctor or lab tell me this?  Nope! I got my results, Googled them, and found out.  THEN I started calling doctors.  And don't let them shrug it off with "it's just because of the medication you are on" like one of mine did.  An example is my Hyponatremia (low blood sodium).  Look that stuff up and the problems are scary.  Mine is easy to fix; I just eat salted/salty foods instead of avoiding salt (I have high blood pressure, go figure).  Also, I needed to be on iron.  When I called my other doctor with the results, her immediate response was, "I'm calling an iron supplement in now".  See the difference?  Now a third doctor I see knows my medication wasn't directly causing my irritability and witchiness after calling her.  So, I have to monitor my blood sodium.

I'm preparing for surgery on the 14th.  Maybe after that, I'll be able to breathe, the pressure in my head will be gone, and there will be no more sinus infections.  A deviated septum and trapped air pockets are a pain!  Of course, I've been told that after surgery, they will be MORE of a pain for a while.  Of course, that is what pain medication is for, right?

Tomorrow and Saturday is the HUMONGOUS estate sale my mom is headed to for us.  She has a list a mile long, and the auctioneer and his wife have orders from me to make sure she doesn't miss bidding on anything I would like (Mom is ready to strangle me for that).  Plus, we have a friend that will be whispering in her ear to buy this or buy that.  Mom has NO CHANCE of getting out of there without being totally broke!  Aren't I just horrible?  HEE HEE HEE.

Oh, if you are interested in old books and records, my mother and I opened a new Etsy store, www.BookandAlbumCorner.Etsy.com. We are still in the process of getting it stocked, but there are a few old books up.


Guess I need to get back to work while I feel like working.  A migraine could hit me at any minute and I feel the pressure in my nose already building.  That's the funny thing about blocked nasal passages, no air and lots and lots of pressure.  No wonder I also have trouble walking, talking, and breathing at the same time!  Back to the grind.

Life is a mirror - if you frown at it, it frowns back; If you smile at it, it returns the greeting.

2 comments:

  1. That has to be the best advice, ever! From now on I will ask for the results of my blood work and do my own research! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog. Thank you so much for keep uo good work. I think taking nutrition supplements and eating iron-rich foods are important parts of treating iron deficiency anemia.

    ReplyDelete