Sunday, March 25, 2012

Angel-ing for Swaps

I have started hosting a regular, monthly ATC swap over on Milliande.  Hosting swaps comes with a lot of responsibility and I take that very seriously.  So, when I had several people “flake” on my last two swaps, I knew what I had to do.

I “Angel’d”.  The below cards are two of the ATCs that I made as “replacements” for the cards some of my participants never received.  

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Most of the time, in my posts, I try to insert a little silliness; keep the tone light.  However, this time, I’m being serious.

If you make the commitment to participate in a swap, KEEP THAT COMMITMENT.  Yes, “Life” has a way of crashing in on you at the worst times.  I know, it happened to me recently.  However, if you are going to be late sending out a swap, please let your partner or partners know.  Most if not all will understand.  If for some reason you cannot fulfill your swap commitment, please let your hostess and your partner or partners know.  Show a little common courtesy.  Treat others the way you want to be treated.

I now have to ban at least three people from ever participating in my swaps.  They never replied to their partner’s inquiries nor to mine when I wrote to see if there was a problem in their life that was keeping them from completing the swap.  In their defense, maybe something horrible has happened (I truly hope not) & they can’t respond.  Maybe I will finally hear from them and if they have a good enough excuse, they will be readmitted to my swaps. 

People, a commitment is a promise.  Please keep it.

LiveWrite Signature Line

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Victoria. I am from Russia. I'd like to swap ATCs.

    ReplyDelete