Friday, January 1, 2016

January New Releases - Technique Junkies Blog Hop

Good Morning and Happy New Year, Junkies!!  Can you believe it's already January?  Where did 2015 go?  In anticipation of a great New Year and January, the Technique Junkies team is hosting a blog hop to share all the new exciting January Releases with you.  So join us today as we hop into January and showcase all the new stamps  Don't forget to to visit each team members blog in order not to miss any of the fun.  If you  haven’t started at the beginning, please visit the Technique Junkie Designer Blog (http://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com) so you are sure to catch it all!

You've just seen Pam DeChellis's project and isn't her she so amazing?!?!  She creates an outstanding selection of some of the most gorgeous cards you will ever see.

Here is the hop participants in order:
I had some really fabulous stamps to work with and decided to created two projects.  As most of you know, cards aren't my strength, so today I have an ATC and a Tag for your enjoyment.


For my Love ATC, I stamped Furever Friends with Versafine ink then using a brush and Art Anthology Sandcastle Colorations as a water color, I filled in the background.  I painted the girls hair with Art Anthology Lemon Tart Velvet, her skin with Portobello Velvet, and the white of her blouse and the dog's face with Cotton Velvet.  I then stamped Love in Versafine ink and added three small red mulberry roses below.


For my Let's Roll Tag, I first created the background using several colors of shimmer ink.  I set it aside to dry.  Next I stamped Let's Roll on a Bristol ATC and colored the truck with Art Anthology French Toast Colorations and the trees with Avocado and Grass Colorations.  I adhered this to my tag and then edged it with some dark green sparkly ribbon.  I stamped the sentiment "Let's Roll" onto a piece of paper that was sprayed with Valentine Colorations, cut it out, and glued it to the top of my tag, outlining it with a black pen.  Some green and orange fiber finish it off.

Love the new January Releases?  Well, they are currently on sale for 15% off through January 8th!   Go to http://techniquejunkies.com/ click on January 2016 Releases.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts in my comments section.  I truly love hearing what you have to say!  You are now ready for the next stop on our November Releases Hop --- Kathy Stacy!  Why don't you drop by her blog and see what she has in store for you!


Until later,





Marilyn








5 comments:

  1. I always enjoy coming to see what projects you will be doing on hop day. I love the ATC. It's so sweet with the brightly colored image and added flowers. Great job and happy hopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a treat seeing what you've created! Nice job and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, two great projects. I'm really in love with the tag and how it pops with all that colour. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marilyn! Love how you made all those creative backgrounds. The new stamps rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some nice projects, like the background of the tag.

    ReplyDelete