Friday, November 13, 2009

Vintage Black Friday

Well, it's already time for another VBF.   Here is what I found this week....


First, a Black Globe.  Now, this isn't new.  I've had this globe since high school.  I'm sure there are more out ther like that, but I haven't seen them.  It wasn't new when it was given to me.  Just to the right of it, you can barely make out an old Tootsie Roll bank.  I've had that since I was a toddler.  This picture was made in my old bedroom at my parents' house.
 



This black and white chalk drawing was done by my Theatre instructor during my Freshman year of college.  In just a few strokes, she turned a  piece of brown paper into a work of art.  I was so impressed, I asked if I could keep it.  Considering it's about 22 years old, guess you could say it's vintage!










One of my favorite cabinet photos.
So beautiful.  I just LOVE the hat.  I collect cabinet photos and even the older tin-types. 

Has anyone noticed how much I like hats????




Check out this letter opener (?),  I guess that is what it is.  My mom gave it to me this past weekend. It's made of some type of black wood, or it's at least been stained black.  Here's a closeup.  It's hard to tell, but the face is really got a lot of detail.


















Well I hope you have enjoyed by offerings this Friday for VBF.  Please forgive the quality of the photos as I still haven't gotten me a little digital carry-along camera and am using my phone camera.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Smiles!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I've never seen a black world globe before...too cool! Love your black VBB items...you've got great taste!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That black globe is fabulous!! I have one of those black letter openers, had it forever...they are from Africa...amazing!! Happy VBF!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a black globe before!

    I too, had the tootsie roll bank when I was young. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dolly, I just got your message you made it just in time for the drawing tomorrow night. I get you in for the Hen Party Gone Wild. I am going to do some more as soon as I get the right sized canvas board.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete